Entrepreneurs of Peterborough
Hear from Peterborough’s own entrepreneurs about what they love about Our Town and the types of business resources that are available! Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see more. If you run a business in town and would like to be featured – let us know.
Peterborough is the perfect home for your business idea or early-stage startup in any industry. It’s here that Eastern Mountain Sports and Brookstone got their start. From our local Makerspace, to funding and mentoring opportunities, and with a supportive community, we encourage you to reach out so we can get you “plugged in” to the thriving local startup community and business resources that are available. Peterborough not only has great innovation support opportunity, but also business networking and collaboration opportunities through the recently founded Peterborough Economic Ecosystem. The community has developed an expansive list of social services for our residents as well.
- Peterborough is home to two Economic Revitalization Zones (ERZs) which offers tax credits to new businesses. There are two zones into – one along Route 202 south and the other along Route 202 north. To qualify for the ERZ tax credits, the business must create one or more new full time incremental job(s) and have capital investment in your business during a calendar year. The capital investment is also referred to as a project and every project is unique. Typical projects or capital investment consist of new construction, renovation, expansion or new equipment.
- Peterborough offers Community Revitalization Tax Incentives for the rehabilitation of structures in the Downtown Commercial District and Village Commercial District. The application for the tax incentives and further information is available on the Town website here: https://www.peterboroughnh.
gov/departments/assessing/ community_revitalization_ incentive_.php
Want to learn more? Contact Town Planner Danica Melone in the Office of Planning and Building at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 924-8000 ext 104
It is widely thought that Thornton Wilder used Peterborough as the model for his town of Grovers Corners in the play, Our Town, which he wrote while in residence at The MacDowell Colony
Commercial, Light Industrial and Residential Real Estate to Suit Your Needs
- Cost-competitive commercial space, for sale, lease or rent.
- Construction and lease rates are lower than urban centers in Massachussetts or New Hampshire
- Fully-serviced light industrial space on major access roads with available sites to meet all needs and sizes
- Peterborough’s manufacturing sector is diverse and increasingly focused on technical products and sustainability
- Convenient business travel with easy access to Manchester (MHT), Boston (BOS) and Hartford – Bradley International (BDL) airports.
- Located at the intersection of major north-south (NH 202) and east-west (NH 101) highways, Peterborough provides convenient access to all points in New England.
Peterborough Real Estate Links
#2 Small business friendliness Thumbtack.com
#2 Child well-being, Annie E. Casey Foundation
#2 Export increase % (New England 2009-2014)
#3 Math & Reading scores National Assessment of Educational Progress (The National Report Card)
#7 Health America’s Health Rankings, 2014, United Health Foundation
#7 Business Tax Climate the Tax Foundation